1.Don’t use more than 20 slides.
2. Make your point simply on each slide – do your best to use just a few words and a picture.
3. Keep each slide up long enough so that it can be read at least three times.
4. Include a short movie clip in the PowerPoint to make it more interesting.
5. Keep the font large enough so that people in the back of the room can read it.
6. No matter how serious your topic, try to include at least one slide that will make people laugh. Studies show that if people laugh within the first few minutes of a presentation, they are much more likely to relax and enjoy the speaker.